The Cincinnati Reds (12-28) will host the Chicago Cubs (16-24), Monday at 6:40 PM ET, in a Clash of NL Central rivals.
The Reds are an underdog at home (+100) versus the Cubs (-120). The Cubs will start Drew Smyly (1-5) versus the Reds and Vladimir Gutierrez (0-5).
The Cubs were vicotrious 5-4 over the Diamondbacks Yesterday in their last game. Keegan Thompson was the winning pitcher after throwing three innings, giving up one earned run on two hits while striking out four, while Patrick Wisdom finished 2-for-3 with a home run and an RBI to lead them offensively.
The Reds Secured a 3-2 Victory over the Blue Jays Yesterday. Joey Votto (1-for-3 with a home run and an RBI) led the way offensively, while Alexis Diaz got the win on the mound after going two innings without giving up a hit or an earned run while striking out three.
To prepare for this Cubs vs. Reds Matchup, here is everything you need to prepare for Monday’s MLB action.
Chicago Cubs vs. Cincinnati Reds Odds and Betting Lines
Major League Baseball odds courtesy of Tipico Sportsbook. Odds updated Sunday at 11:03 PM ET. For a full list of sports betting odds, access USA TODAY Sports Betting Scores Odds Hub.
- Favorite: Cubs (-120, but $ 120 to win $ 100)
- Underdog: Reds (+100, but $ 100 to win $ 100)
- Over / under: 9
Deposit $ 10, GET $ 200 INSTANTLY: Get action on this game! Place your legal sports bets in CO and NJ at Tipico Sportsbook. Exclusive USA TODAY Network offer: Deposit $ 10, get $ 200 in betting credit instantly. 21+, terms and conditions apply. But now!
Cubs Stats and Trends
Cubs Betting Records
- The Cubs have won five, or 38.5%, of the 13 games they’ve played as favorites this season.
- Chicago is 5-8 this season when Entering a game favored by -120 or more on the Moneyline.
- Sportsbooks have implied with the Moneyline set for this Matchup that the Cubs have a 54.5% chance to win.
- Games involving Chicago have gone over the total set by oddsmakers in 19 of 40 chances this season.
- The Cubs are 20-20-0 ATS in their 40 games with a spread this season.
Drew Smyly (Cubs Probable Starter)
- The Cubs will hand the ball to Smyly (1-5) for his eighth start of the season.
- The left-hander’s last start was on Wednesday, when he tossed 4 1/3 innings while giving up three earned runs on six hits in a matchup with the Pittsburgh Pirates.
- The 32-year-old has an ERA of 3.97, a 3,714 strikeout-to-walk ratio and a WHIP of 1,382 in seven games this season.
- In seven starts this season, Smyly has not yet earned a quality start.
- In seven starts, Smyly has pitched through or past the fifth Inning three times. He has a season average of 4.3 frames per outing.
- The Reds are batting .218 this season, 27th in MLB. They have a team slugging percentage of .350 (27th in the league) with 32 home runs.
Cubs Batting Stats
- The Cubs’ 37 home runs rank 18th in Major League Baseball.
- The offense for the Cubs has a slugging percentage of .377 this season, 17th in MLB.
- Chicago’s .232 batting average ranks 20th in the league this season.
- The Cubs have scored the 19th-most runs in the league this season with 166 (4.2 per game).
- Chicago has an on-base percentage of .311 this season, which ranks 15th in the league.
- The Cubs rank 21st in strikeouts per game (9.0) among MLB offenses.
Reds Stats and Trends
Reds Betting Records
- The Reds have been underdogs in 35 games this season and have come away with the win 11 times (31.4%) in those contests.
- Cincinnati has a mark of 11-22 in contests where sportsbooks favor them by +100 or Worse on the Moneyline.
- The Reds have an implied Victory probability of 50% according to the Moneyline set by sportsbooks for this Matchup.
- Cincinnati and their opponents have gone over in 23 of their 41 games with a total set by sportsbooks this season.
- In 41 games with a line this season, the Reds have a mark of 19-22-0 against the spread.
Vladimir Gutierrez (Reds Probable Starter)
- Gutierrez (0-5) gets the starting nod for the Reds in his seventh start of the season. He has an 8.65 ERA in 26 innings pitched, with 19 strikeouts.
- In his last time out on Wednesday, May 11 against the Milwaukee Brewers, the righty tossed 4 2/3 innings, giving up four earned runs while surrendering six hits.
- In six games this season, the 26-year-old has amassed an ERA of 8.65, with 6.6 strikeouts per nine innings. Opponents are hitting .317 against him.
- Gutierrez has not recorded a quality start yet this season.
- Gutierrez has yet to go five or more innings in any of his six starts (he’s averaging 4 1/3 innings per appearance).
- The opposing Cubs offense has the 17th-ranked slugging percentage (.377) and Ranks 18th in home runs hit (37) in all of MLB. They have a collective .232 batting average, and are 23rd in the league with 305 total hits and 19th in MLB play scoring 166 runs.
Reds Batting Stats
- The Reds average 0.8 home runs per game to rank 23rd in baseball with 32 total home runs.
- So far this season, the Reds have the fourth-lowest slugging percentage in baseball (.350).
- Cincinnati Ranks 27th in MLB with a .218 batting average.
- The Reds score the 23rd most runs in baseball (155 total, 3.9 per game).
- Cincinnati is 26th in baseball with a .291 on-base percentage.
- The Reds Strike out 9.0 times per game, the No. 21 average in baseball.
Place your legal, online sports bets in CO and NJ at Tipico Sportsbook now.
Cubs vs. Reds: Live Streaming Info & Game Time
- Game Day: Monday, May 23, 2022
- Game Time: 6:40 PM ET
- Stadium: Great American Ball Park
- TV Channel: Marquee Sports Network
- Live Stream: fuboTV (Watch for free)
Gannett may earn revenue from Tipico for audience referrals to betting services. Tipico has no influence over nor are any such revenues in any way dependent on or linked to the newsrooms or news coverage. See Tipico.com for Terms and Conditions. 21+ only. Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS-OFF (IA).