On Monday, a series opener is on the schedule, with the Kansas City Royals (14-26) visiting the Arizona Diamondbacks (21-22) at 9:40 PM ET.
Oddsmakers project the Diamondbacks as a small favorite (-117 to win on the Moneyline) against the Royals (-102). The Arizona Diamondbacks will give the start to Zach Davies (2-2, 3.48 ERA) looking for win No. 3 on the season, and the Royals will counter with Zack Greinke (0-2, 3.48).
The Diamondbacks lost 5-4 against the Cubs Yesterday, with Ian Kennedy getting credited with the loss. He threw zero innings, giving up two earned runs on three hits. Ketel Marte went 2-for-4 with an RBI to lead the Diamondbacks offensively.
The Royals lost to the Twins Yesterday, with Josh Staumont registering the loss while throwing one Inning, giving up two earned runs on two hits while striking out two. Andrew Benintendi went 3-for-4 with an RBI to lead the Royals ’offense.
Here is what you need to prepare for Monday’s Diamondbacks vs. Royals contest.
Arizona Diamondbacks vs. Kansas City Royals Odds and Betting Lines
Major League Baseball odds courtesy of Tipico Sportsbook. Odds updated Sunday at 8:05 PM ET. For a full list of sports betting odds, access USA TODAY Sports Betting Scores Odds Hub.
- Favorite: Diamondbacks (-117, but $ 117 to win $ 100)
- Underdog: Royals (-102, but $ 102 to win $ 100)
- Over / under: 8.5
Deposit $ 10, GET $ 200 INSTANTLY: Get action on this game! Place your legal sports bets in CO and NJ at Tipico Sportsbook. Exclusive USA TODAY Network offer: Deposit $ 10, get $ 200 in betting credit instantly. 21+, terms and conditions apply. But now!
Diamondbacks Stats and Trends
Diamondbacks Betting Records
- The Diamondbacks have been favorites in six games this season and won three (50%) of those contests.
- Arizona has a record of 3-3 in games where oddsmakers favor them by at least -117 on the Moneyline.
- Bookmakers have implied with the Moneyline set for this Matchup that the Diamondbacks have a 53.9% chance to win.
- Arizona and its opponents have gone over the total this season in 21 of their 48 opportunities.
- The Diamondbacks are 29-19-0 against the spread this season.
Zach Davies (Diamondbacks Probable Starter)
- The Diamondbacks will send Davies (2-2) to the mound for his ninth start this season.
- The right-hander’s last appearance was on Wednesday, when they threw four innings against the Los Angeles Dodgers, giving up five earned runs while allowing seven hits.
- The 29-year-old has an ERA of 4.35 and 6.9 strikeouts per nine innings, with a batting average against .233 in eight games this season.
- He has started eight games this season, earning a quality start (6 or more IP, 3 or fewer ER) in one of them.
- In eight starts this season, Davies has lasted five or more innings five times, with an average of 4.3 innings per appearance.
- The Royals rank 26th in MLB with 145 runs scored this season. They have a .232 batting average for this campaign with 28 home runs (27th in the league).
Diamondbacks Batting Stats
- The Diamondbacks have hit 50 Homers this season, which ranks sixth in the league.
- Hitters for the Diamondbacks combine for a team rank of 20th of the majors with a .368 team slugging percentage.
- Arizona has a team batting average of just .211 this season, which ranks 29th among MLB teams.
- The Diamondbacks ranked 20th in the league with 164 total runs scored this season.
- Arizona has an on-base percentage of .293 this season, which ranks 24th in the league.
- The Diamondbacks are one of the least disciplined teams at the plate this season, ranking last with an average of 9.3 strikeouts per game.
Royals Stats and Trends
Royals Betting Records
- The Royals have been chosen as underdogs in 37 games this year and have walked away with the win 13 times (35.1%) in those games.
- This year, Kansas City has won 11 of 33 games when listed as at least -102 or Worse on the Moneyline.
- The Royals have an implied Victory probability of 50.5% according to the Moneyline set by sportsbooks for this Matchup.
- Kansas City and their opponents have hit the over in 20 of their 44 games with a total set by oddsmakers this season.
- The Royals have an against the spread mark of 19-25-0 in 44 games with a line this season.
Zack Greinke (Royals Probable Starter)
- Greinke gets the start for the Royals, his ninth of the season. He is 0-2 with a 3.48 ERA and 18 strikeouts in 44 innings pitched.
- His most recent time out came on Thursday against the Chicago White Sox, when the right-hander went 5 2/3 innings, surrendering two earned runs while giving up seven hits.
- The 38-year-old has a 3.48 ERA and 3.7 strikeouts per nine innings during eight games this season, while allowing a batting average of .283 to opposing hitters.
- Greinke is trying to pick up his third quality start of the season.
- Greinke is looking to collect his eighth start of five or more innings this season in this outing.
- He will face off against a Diamondbacks team that is hitting .211 as a unit (29th in the MLB). They are also slugging a collective .368 (20th in the league) with 50 total home runs (sixth in MLB action).
- The 38-year-old’s 3.48 ERA Ranks 31st, 1,205 WHIP Ranks 40th, and 3.7 K / 9 Ranks 56th among Qualifying pitchers this season.
Royals Batting Stats
- The Royals have hit 28 home runs this season, the fourth-lowest total in MLB action.
- This season, the Royals are 24th in the league with a .355 slugging percentage.
- Kansas City has the 19th-ranked batting average in the league (.232).
- The offense for the Royals is No. 26 in baseball scoring 3.6 runs per game (145 total runs).
- Kansas City ranks 24th in baseball with a .293 on-base percentage.
- The Royals Strike out 7.5 times per game, the fourth-fewest mark in baseball.
Place your legal, online sports bets in CO and NJ at Tipico Sportsbook now.
Gannett may earn revenue from Tipico for audience referrals to betting services. Tipico has no influence over nor are any such revenues in any way dependent on or linked to the newsrooms or news coverage. See Tipico.com for Terms and Conditions. 21+ only. Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS-OFF (IA).