On Sunday, the Toronto Blue Jays (22-18) are hosting the Cincinnati Reds (11-28), at 1:37 PM ET, in the final game of a three-game series.
The Reds are an underdog (+198 Moneyline odds) when they visit the Blue Jays (-237). The Toronto Blue Jays will give the start to Yusei Kikuchi (2-1, .00 ERA) looking for win No. 3 on the season, and the Reds will counter with Graham Ashcraft.
These Clubs meet again following the Blue Jays’ 3-1 Victory over the Reds Yesterday. Alek Manoah (8.0 IP, 1 R, 7 H, 4 K) registered the win for the Blue Jays. Bo Bichette went 2-for-4 with two home runs and three RBI to lead the team on offense. Luis Cessa (1.0 IP, 2 R, 3 H, 1 K) was credited with the loss on the mound for the Reds.
Here’s everything you need to prepare for Sunday’s Blue Jays vs. Reds contest.
Toronto Blue Jays vs. Cincinnati Reds Odds and Betting Lines
Major League Baseball odds courtesy of Tipico Sportsbook. Odds updated Saturday at 8:04 PM ET. For a full list of sports betting odds, access USA TODAY Sports Betting Scores Odds Hub.
- Favorite: Blue Jays (-237, but $ 237 to win $ 100)
- Underdog: Reds (+198, but $ 100 to win $ 198)
- Over / under: 8.5
Deposit $ 10, GET $ 200 INSTANTLY: Get action on this game! Place your legal sports bets in CO and NJ at Tipico Sportsbook. Exclusive USA TODAY Network offer: Deposit $ 10, get $ 200 in betting credit instantly. 21+, terms and conditions apply. But now!
Blue Jays Stats and Trends
Blue Jays Betting Records
- The Blue Jays have been favorites in 30 games this season and won 18 (60%) of those contests.
- Toronto has entered three games this season favored by -237 or more and is 2-1 in those contests.
- The Moneyline for this contest implies a 70.3% chance of a Victory for the Blue Jays.
- Toronto’s games have gone over the total in 15 of their 40 chances.
- The Blue Jays are 17-23-0 ATS in their 40 games with a spread this season.
Yusei Kikuchi (Blue Jays Probable Starter)
- The Blue Jays will hand the ball to Kikuchi (2-1) for his eighth start of the season.
- The left-hander allowed one hit in 6 2/3 scoreless innings pitched against the Seattle Mariners on Monday.
- The 30-year-old has an ERA of 3.38 and 9.3 strikeouts per nine innings, with a batting average against .184 in seven games this season.
- He has earned a quality start two times in seven starts this season.
- Kikuchi has pitched five or more innings in three straight games and will look to extend that streak.
- The Reds rank 23rd in MLB with 152 runs scored this season. They have a .219 batting average for this campaign with 31 home runs (24th in the league).
Blue Jays Batting Stats
- The Blue Jays’ 41 home runs rank ninth in Major League Baseball.
- Hitters for the Blue Jays combine for a team rank of 17th of the majors with a .380 team slugging percentage.
- Toronto has a team batting average of .235 this season, which ranks 15th among MLB teams.
- The Blue Jays have scored 145 runs (3.6 per game) this season, which ranks 24th in MLB.
- Toronto has the 19th-ranked on-base percentage in MLB this season (.300).
- The Blue Jays rank 14th in MLB in strikeouts per game with an average of 8.1 whiffs per contest.
Reds Stats and Trends
Reds Betting Records
- The Reds have been underdogs in 34 games this season and have come away with the win 10 times (29.4%) in those contests.
- The Reds have won all of their four games in which they were named as at least a +198 Moneyline underdog.
- The Reds have an implied Victory probability of 33.6% according to the Moneyline set by sportsbooks for this Matchup.
- Cincinnati and their opponents have gone over in 23 of their 40 games with a total set by sportsbooks this season.
- The Reds have an against the spread mark of 18-22-0 in 40 games with a line this season.
Graham Ashcraft (Reds Probable Starter)
- Ashcraft makes his first start of the season for the Reds.
- The righty is pitching in his MLB debut. He’s 24 years old.
- The Blue Jays have MLB’s 24th-ranked scoring offense (145 total runs) and have racked up a .235 batting average as a team while hitting 41 home runs (ninth in the league) this season.
Reds Batting Stats
- The Reds rank 24th in MLB action with 31 total home runs.
- This season, the Reds are slugging .351, the fifth-lowest average in baseball.
- Cincinnati Ranks 27th in MLB with a .219 batting average.
- The offense for the Reds is the No. 23 offense in MLB play scoring 3.9 runs per game (152 total runs).
- Cincinnati is the 25th in the league with a .291 on-base percentage.
- The Reds Strike out 8.9 times per game to rank 24th in baseball.
Place your legal, online sports bets in CO and NJ at Tipico Sportsbook now.
Gannett may earn revenue from Tipico for audience referrals to betting services. Tipico has no influence over nor are any such revenues in any way dependent on or linked to the newsrooms or news coverage. See Tipico.com for Terms and Conditions. 21+ only. Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS-OFF (IA).