At Citizens Bank Park on Sunday, the Los Angeles Dodgers (seven straight victories) meet the Philadelphia Phillies at 1:35 PM ET.
The Phillies (+118 underdog on the Moneyline) take the field at home against the Dodgers (-138). The Los Angeles Dodgers will give the start to Tony Gonsolin (4-0, 4.50 ERA) looking for win. 5 on the season, and the Phillies will counter with Zach Eflin (1-3, 4.50).
Yesterday, the Dodgers claimed a 7-4 Victory over the Phillies, with Daniel Hudson (1.1 IP, 0 R, 0 H, 0 K) registering the win for the Dodgers. Mookie Betts went 3-for-4 with a double, a home run and three RBI to lead the Offensive attack. Jose Alvarado (0.2 IP, 2 R, 2 H, 0 K) picked up the loss for the Phillies.
Before watching this Dodgers vs. Phillies Matchup, here is everything you need to know about Sunday’s action on the diamond.
Los Angeles Dodgers vs. Philadelphia Phillies Odds and Betting Lines
Major League Baseball odds courtesy of Tipico Sportsbook. Odds updated Saturday at 11:03 PM ET. For a full list of sports betting odds, access USA TODAY Sports Betting Scores Odds Hub.
- Favorite: Dodgers (-138, but $ 138 to win $ 100)
- Underdog: Phillies (+118, but $ 100 to win $ 118)
- Over / under: 9.5
Deposit $ 10, GET $ 200 INSTANTLY: Get action on this game! Place your legal sports bets in CO and NJ at Tipico Sportsbook. Exclusive USA TODAY Network offer: Deposit $ 10, get $ 200 in betting credit instantly. 21+, terms and conditions apply. But now!
Dodgers Stats and Trends
Dodgers Betting Records
- The Dodgers have entered the game as favorites 43 times this season and won 29, or 67.4% of those games.
- Los Angeles is 28-14 this season when Entering a game favored by -138 or more on the Moneyline.
- The sportsbooks’ Moneyline implies a 58% chance of a Victory for the Dodgers.
- Los Angeles and its opponents have gone over the total this season in 21 of their 44 opportunities.
- The Dodgers are 26-18-0 against the spread this season.
Tony Gonsolin (Dodgers Probable Starter)
- The Dodgers’ Gonsolin (4-0) will make his eighth start of the season.
- The right-hander gave up two earned runs in 6 2/3 innings pitched on Tuesday in his last outing, a matchup with the Arizona Diamondbacks.
- The 28-year-old has pitched in seven games this season with a 1.64 ERA and 8.2 strikeouts per nine innings with a batting average against .165.
- He has two quality starts in seven chances this season.
- Gonsolin will look to finish five or more innings for the fourth start in a row.
- The Phillies rank fourth in MLB with a .249 batting average this season. They have a team slugging percentage that ranks fifth in the league (.413) and 47 home runs.
Dodgers Batting Stats
- The Dodgers rank ninth in Major League Baseball with 42 home runs.
- Hitters for the Dodgers rank third in the majors with a combined .416 team slugging percentage.
- Los Angeles has a team batting average of .248 this season, which ranks fifth among MLB teams.
- No team has scored more than the 214 runs the Dodgers have this season.
- No team gets on base better than Los Angeles, who has a league-best .334 OBP this season.
- The Dodgers rank eighth in MLB in strikeouts per game with an average of 8.1 whiffs per contest.
Phillies Stats and Trends
Phillies Betting Records
- The Phillies have been underdogs in 16 games this season and have come away with the win seven times (43.8%) in those contests.
- Philadelphia has a win-loss record of 5-4 when favored by +118 or Worse by bookmakers this year.
- The Moneyline set for this Matchup implies the Phillies have a 45.9% chance of walking away with the win.
- Contests with Philadelphia have gone over the total set by bookmakers in 20 of 40 chances this season.
- The Phillies have posted a record of 19-21-0 against the spread this season.
Zach Eflin (Phillies Probable Starter)
- Eflin gets the start for the Phillies, his seventh of the season. He is 1-3 with a 4.50 ERA and 23 strikeouts over 30 innings pitched.
- In his most recent appearance on Tuesday against the San Diego Padres, the right-hander threw 6 2/3 innings, allowing one earned run while surrendering five hits.
- In six games this season, the 28-year-old has an ERA of 4.50, with 6.9 strikeouts per nine innings. Opponents are batting .271 against him.
- Eflin has two quality starts this season.
- Eflin enters this Matchup with three outings of five or more innings pitched this campaign.
- They will take the mound against a Dodgers offense that ranks eighth in the league with 322 total hits (on a .248 batting average). The team also slugs a collective .416 (third in the league) with 42 total home runs (ninth in MLB play).
Phillies Batting Stats
- The Phillies are seventh in MLB action with 47 total home runs.
- This season, the Phillies are fifth in baseball with a .413 slugging percentage.
- Philadelphia’s .249 batting average is fourth-best in the league.
- The offense for the Phillies is No. 8 in baseball scoring 4.5 runs per game (180 total runs).
- Philadelphia Ranks 15th in the league with a .309 on-base percentage.
- The Phillies Strike out 8.9 times per game, the No. 24 average in the league.
Place your legal, online sports bets in CO and NJ at Tipico Sportsbook now.
Dodgers vs. Phillies: Live Streaming Info & Game Time
- Game Day: Sunday, May 22, 2022
- Game Time: 1:35 PM ET
- Stadium: Citizens Bank Park
- TV Channel: NBC Sports Networks
- Live Stream: fuboTV (Watch for free)
Gannett may earn revenue from Tipico for audience referrals to betting services. Tipico has no influence over nor are any such revenues in any way dependent on or linked to the newsrooms or news coverage. See Tipico.com for Terms and Conditions. 21+ only. Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS-OFF (IA).