The Cleveland Guardians (17-19) play the Detroit Tigers (13-26), who will be attempting to die in a three-game losing skid, Sunday at 1:40 PM ET, at Progressive Field.
The Guardians are a home favorite (-180) versus the Tigers (+155). The Matchup on the mound for this contest is set with the Cleveland Guardians looking to Shane Bieber (1-2), and Alex Faedo (0-1) taking the ball for the Detroit Tigers.
Aaron Civale (6.1 IP, 0 R, 3 H, 3 K) earned the win in the Guardians’ 6-1 Victory over the Tigers Sunday. Jose Ramirez led the way offensively, going 2-for-4 with a triple, a home run and three RBIs. Jacob Barnes (1.0 IP, 4 R, 4 H, 2 K) was handed the loss for the Tigers.
Here is what you need to prepare for the Sunday’s Guardians vs. Tigers contest.
Cleveland Guardians vs. Detroit Tigers Odds and Betting Lines
Major League Baseball odds courtesy of Tipico Sportsbook. Odds updated Sunday at 5:04 AM ET. For a full list of sports betting odds, access USA TODAY Sports Betting Scores Odds Hub.
- Favorite: Guardians (-180, but $ 180 to win $ 100)
- Underdog: Tigers (+155, but $ 100 to win $ 155)
- Over / under: 7.5
Deposit $ 10, GET $ 200 INSTANTLY: Get action on this game! Place your legal sports bets in CO and NJ at Tipico Sportsbook. Exclusive USA TODAY Network offer: Deposit $ 10, get $ 200 in betting credit instantly. 21+, terms and conditions apply. But now!
Guardians Stats and Trends
Guardians Betting Records
- The Guardians have been favorites in 13 games this season and won eight (61.5%) of those contests.
- Cleveland has not entered a game this season as a bigger favorite on the Moneyline than the -180 odds on them winning this game.
- Bookmakers have implied with the Moneyline set for this Matchup that the Guardians have a 64.3% chance to win.
- So far this season, Cleveland and its opponents have hit the over in 22 of their 40 games with a total.
- The Guardians have an ATS record of 20-20-0 in 40 games with a spread this season.
Shane Bieber (Guardians Probable Starter)
- The Guardians will send Bieber (1-2) to the mound for his eighth start this season.
- The right-hander gave up one earned run and allowed seven hits in 6 2/3 innings pitched against the Minnesota Twins on Saturday, May 14th.
- The 26-year-old has pitched in seven games this season with a 3.96 ERA and 8.4 strikeouts per nine innings with a batting average against .257.
- He has four quality starts in seven chances this season.
- Bieber has started seven games this season, and he’s lasted five or more innings five times. He averages 5.2 innings per appearance.
- The Tigers are batting .218 this season, 28th in MLB. They have a team slugging percentage of .312 (30th in the league) with 20 home runs.
- The 26-year-old ranks 43rd in ERA (3.96), 50th in WHIP (1,293), and 28th in K / 9 (8.4) among qualified pitchers in the majors this season.
Guardians Batting Stats
- The Guardians rank 21st in Major League Baseball with 33 home runs.
- Hitters for the Guardians have a combined .395 slugging percentage this season, which ranks eighth in MLB.
- Cleveland Ranks sixth in MLB with a .247 team batting average.
- The Guardians rank 14th in the league with 169 total runs scored this season.
- Cleveland has the 13th-best on-base percentage in MLB this season (.312).
- No team has fewer strikeouts this season than the Guardians, who have struck out only 7.4 times per game on average.
Tigers Stats and Trends
Tigers Betting Records
- The Tigers have been victorious in eight, or 29.6%, of the 27 contests they have been chosen as underdogs in this season.
- Detroit has a mark of 2-8 in contests where bookmakers favor them by +155 or Worse on the Moneyline.
- The Tigers have an implied Victory probability of 39.2% according to the Moneyline set by oddsmakers for this Matchup.
- Detroit’s games have gone over the total in 11 of their 39 opportunities.
- In 39 games with a line this season, the Tigers have a mark of 16-23-0 against the spread.
Alex Faedo (Tigers Probable Starter)
- Faedo (0-1 with a 2.87 ERA and 12 strikeouts in 15 2/3 innings pitched) makes the start for the Tigers, his fourth of the season.
- The righty last appeared on Monday against the Tampa Bay Rays, when he tossed 5 2/3 innings, allowing one earned run while giving up four hits.
- The 26-year-old has put up an ERA of 2.87, with 6.9 strikeouts per nine innings in three games this season. Opposing batters have a .271 batting average against him.
- Faedo is aiming for his fourth straight outing lasting five or more innings. He averages 5.1 innings per start.
- He meets a Guardians offense that Ranks 14th in the league with 169 total runs scored while batting .247 as a unit. His opponent has a collective .395 slugging percentage (eighth in MLB play) and has hit a total of 33 home runs (21st in the league).
Tigers Batting Stats
- The Tigers have hit 20 home runs this season, the lowest total in MLB action.
- So far this year, the Tigers are slugging .312, the lowest average in the league.
- Detroit Ranks 28th in the league with a .218 batting average.
- The offense for the Tigers is No. 30 in MLB play scoring 2.7 runs per game (106 total runs).
- Detroit Ranks 29th in baseball with an on-base percentage of .282.
- The Tigers Strike out 8.4 times per game, the No. 15 mark in the league.
Place your legal, online sports bets in CO and NJ at Tipico Sportsbook now.
Gannett may earn revenue from Tipico for audience referrals to betting services. Tipico has no influence over nor are any such revenues in any way dependent on or linked to the newsrooms or news coverage. See Tipico.com for Terms and Conditions. 21+ only. Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS-OFF (IA).