The Chicago Cubs (15-23) will attempt to stop a four-game losing skid on Sunday versus the Arizona Diamondbacks (20-21), with a first pitch at 2:20 PM ET at Wrigley Field.
The Cubs are favored (-124 Moneyline odds to win) when they square off against the Diamondbacks (+104). The Chicago Cubs will give the start to Wade Miley (1-0, 3.27 ERA) looking for win No. 2 on the season, and the Diamondbacks will turn to Merrill Kelly (3-2, 3.27).
Yesterday, the Diamondbacks claimed a 7-6 Victory over the Cubs, with Ian Kennedy (1.0 IP, 0 R, 1 H, 1 K) earning the win for the Diamondbacks. Jake McCarthy went 3-for-4 with a double and an RBI to lead the Offensive attack. Rowan Wick (0.1 IP, 1 R, 2 H, 0 K) picked up the loss for the Cubs.
Get ready for the Cubs vs. Diamondbacks with everything you need to know before Sunday’s game.
Chicago Cubs vs. Arizona Diamondbacks Odds and Betting Lines
Major League Baseball odds courtesy of Tipico Sportsbook. Odds updated Saturday at 8:04 PM ET. For a full list of sports betting odds, access USA TODAY Sports Betting Scores Odds Hub.
- Favorite: Cubs (-124, but $ 124 to win $ 100)
- Underdog: Diamondbacks (+104, but $ 100 to win $ 104)
Deposit $ 10, GET $ 200 INSTANTLY: Get action on this game! Place your legal sports bets in CO and NJ at Tipico Sportsbook. Exclusive USA TODAY Network offer: Deposit $ 10, get $ 200 in betting credit instantly. 21+, terms and conditions apply. But now!
Cubs Stats and Trends
Cubs Betting Records
- This season, the Cubs have been favored 12 times and won four, or 33.3%, of those games.
- Chicago has a record of 3-8 in games where sportsbooks favor them by at least -124 on the Moneyline.
- The Cubs have a 55.4% chance to win this game based on the implied probability of the Moneyline.
- So far this season, Chicago and its opponents have hit the over in 18 of their 39 games with a total.
- The Cubs have an ATS record of 20-19-0 in 39 games with a spread this season.
Wade Miley (Cubs Probable Starter)
- The Cubs will send Miley to the mound for his third start of the season.
- The left-hander last pitched on Monday when they threw seven innings against the Pittsburgh Pirates without allowing a run.
- He has pitched in two games this season with an ERA of 2.70, a batting average against of .171 and 6.3 strikeouts per nine innings.
- The Diamondbacks have scored 153 runs this season, which ranks 22nd in MLB. They are batting .208 for the campaign with 49 home runs, sixth in the league.
Cubs Batting Stats
- The Cubs’ 33 home runs rank 20th in Major League Baseball.
- The offense for the Cubs has a slugging percentage of .370 this season, 19th in MLB.
- Chicago Ranks 20th in MLB with a .231 team batting average.
- The Cubs rank 21st in the league with 155 total runs scored this season.
- Chicago has an OBP of .310 this season, which ranks 16th in MLB.
- The Cubs rank 22nd with an average of 9.0 strikeouts per game.
Diamondbacks Stats and Trends
Diamondbacks Betting Records
- The Diamondbacks have been chosen as underdogs in 41 games this year and have walked away with the win 20 times (48.8%) in those games.
- This season, Arizona has come away with a win 18 times in 38 chances when named as an underdog of at least +104 or longer on the Moneyline.
- The Moneyline set for this Matchup implies the Diamondbacks have a 49% chance of coming away with a Victory in the contest.
- Contests with Arizona have gone over the total set by bookmakers in 20 of 47 chances this season.
- The Diamondbacks are 28-19-0 against the spread in their 47 games with a line set by sportsbooks this season.
Merrill Kelly (Diamondbacks Probable Starter)
- Kelly (3-2 with a 3.27 ERA and 40 strikeouts in 44 innings pitched) makes the start for the Diamondbacks, his ninth of the season.
- The right-hander’s last time out came on Wednesday against the Los Angeles Dodgers when they went two innings, surrendering eight earned runs while giving up five hits.
- The 33-year-old has a 3.27 ERA and 8.2 strikeouts per nine innings in eight games this season, while allowing a batting average of .246 to his opponents.
- Kelly has four quality starts under his belt this year.
- Kelly has pitched five or more innings in a game six times this season heading into this game.
- They will face a Cubs offense that ranks 21st in the league with 155 total runs scored while batting.232 as a unit. His opponent has a collective .370 slugging percentage (19th in MLB action) and has hit a total of 33 home runs (20th in the league).
- The 33-year-old’s 3.27 ERA Ranks 28th, 1,273 WHIP Ranks 46th, and 8.2 K / 9 Ranks 29th among Qualifying pitchers this season.
Diamondbacks Batting Stats
- The Diamondbacks are the sixth in MLB play with 49 home runs. They average 1.2 per game.
- So far this year, the Diamondbacks are 19th in the league with a .370 slugging percentage.
- Arizona’s .208 batting average Ranks 29th in the league.
- The offense for the Diamondbacks is the No. 22 offense in baseball scoring 3.7 runs per game (153 total runs).
- Arizona’s .291 on-base percentage is 25th in baseball.
- The Diamondbacks Strike out 9.2 times per game, the third-worst mark in the league.
Place your legal, online sports bets in CO and NJ at Tipico Sportsbook now.
Cubs vs. Diamondbacks: Live Streaming Info & Game Time
- Game Day: Sunday, May 22, 2022
- Game Time: 2:20 PM ET
- Stadium: Wrigley Field
- TV Channel: Marquee Sports Network
- Live Stream: fuboTV (Watch for free)
Gannett may earn revenue from Tipico for audience referrals to betting services. Tipico has no influence over nor are any such revenues in any way dependent on or linked to the newsrooms or news coverage. See Tipico.com for Terms and Conditions. 21+ only. Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS-OFF (IA).