On Wednesday, the Chicago White Sox (18-18) are visiting the Kansas City Royals (13-22), at 8:10 PM ET, in the fourth game of a five-game set.
The White Sox are the road favorite (-161) versus the Royals (+138). The scheduled starters are Lucas Giolito for the Chicago White Sox, and Zack Greinke (0-2) for the Kansas City Royals.
The Royals took down the White Sox 2-1 Yesterday, with Brady Singer getting the win (7.0 IP, 0 R, 4 H, 9 K) and MJ Melendez leading the way offensively (going 1-for-3 with a home run and an RBI). Davis Martin (5.0 IP, 1 R, 5 H, 7 K) took the loss for the White Sox.
Get ready for the White Sox vs. Royals with what you need to know ahead of Wednesday’s baseball action.
Chicago White Sox vs. Kansas City Royals Odds and Betting Lines
Major League Baseball odds courtesy of Tipico Sportsbook. Odds updated Wednesday at 2:06 AM ET. For a full list of sports betting odds, access USA TODAY Sports Betting Scores Odds Hub.
- Favorite: White Sox (-161, but $ 161 to win $ 100)
- Underdog: Royals (+138, but $ 100 to win $ 138)
- Over / under: 7.5
Deposit $ 10, GET $ 200 INSTANTLY: Get action on this game! Place your legal sports bets in CO and NJ at Tipico Sportsbook. Exclusive USA TODAY Network offer: Deposit $ 10, get $ 200 in betting credit instantly. 21+, terms and conditions apply. But now!
White Sox Stats and Trends
White Sox Betting Records
- The White Sox have entered the game as favorites 29 times this season and won 16, or 55.2% of those games.
- Chicago has a record of 4-3 when favored by -161 or more by sportsbooks this season.
- The oddsmakers’ Moneyline implies a 61.7% chance of a Victory for the White Sox.
- Games involving Chicago have gone over the total set by oddsmakers in 14 of 40 chances this season.
- In 40 games with a spread this season, the White Sox are 18-22-0 ATS.
Lucas Giolito (White Sox Probable Starter)
- The White Sox will send out Giolito for his first start of the season.
- This will be the first start of the season for the 27-year-old right-hander, who has not made an appearance on the mound in over a season.
- The Royals rank 23rd in MLB with a .225 batting average this season. They have a team slugging percentage that ranks 28th in the league (.338) and 22 home runs.
White Sox Batting Stats
- The White Sox have hit 32 Homers this season, which ranks 18th in the league.
- Fueled by 84 extra-base hits, the White Sox rank 23rd in MLB with a .351 slugging percentage this season.
- Chicago has a team batting average of .226 this season, which ranks 21st among MLB teams.
- The White Sox are among the lowest scoring teams in the league, ranking 26th with just 126 total runs (3.5 per game) this season.
- Chicago has an OBP of just .282 this season, which ranks 29th in MLB.
- The White Sox are one of the most disciplined teams at the plate this season, ranking second with an average of 7.2 strikeouts per game.
Royals Stats and Trends
Royals Betting Records
- The Royals have been victorious in 12, or 36.4% of the 33 contests they have been chosen as underdogs in this season.
- This season, Kansas City has come away with a win two times in 12 chances when named as an underdog of at least +138 or Worse on the Moneyline.
- The Royals have an implied Victory probability of 42% according to the Moneyline set for this Matchup.
- Kansas City’s games have gone over the total in 16 of their 39 opportunities.
- The Royals have posted a record of 18-21-0 against the spread this season.
Zack Greinke (Royals Probable Starter)
- The Royals are sending Greinke (0-2) out to make his eighth start of the season. He is 0-2 with a 3.52 ERA and 14 strikeouts through 38 1/3 innings pitched.
- His last appearance was on Saturday against the Colorado Rockies, when the right-hander tossed 4 2/3 innings, surrendering five earned runs while giving up eight hits.
- The 38-year-old has amassed an ERA of 3.52, with 3.3 strikeouts per nine innings in seven games this season. Opponents are batting .282 against him.
- Greinke is looking to record his third quality start of the year in this matchup.
- Greinke heads into the game with six outings of five or more innings pitched this season.
- The opposing White Sox offense has a collective .226 batting average, and is 22nd in the league with 269 total hits and 26th in MLB play with 126 runs scored. They have the 23rd-ranked slugging percentage (.351) and are 18th in all of MLB with 32 home runs.
- Greinke has pitched six innings, giving up three earned runs on five hits while striking out four against the White Sox this season.
- Among pitchers who qualify in MLB action this season, the 38-year-old Ranks 31st in ERA (3.52), 30th in WHIP (1,174), and 57th in K / 9 (3.3).
Royals Batting Stats
- The Royals have hit the second-fewest home runs in baseball this season (22).
- This season, the Royals are slugging .338, the third-lowest average in baseball.
- Kansas City has the 23rd-ranked batting average in the league (.225).
- The Royals are the fourth-lowest scoring team in the MLB play averaging 3.5 runs per game (123 total).
- Kansas City’s .290 on-base percentage Ranks 25th in the league.
- Royals hitters Strike out 7.6 times per game, the fourth-lowest average in the league.
Place your legal, online sports bets in CO and NJ at Tipico Sportsbook now.
White Sox vs. Royals: Live Streaming Info & Game Time
- Game Day: Wednesday, May 18, 2022
- Game Time: 8:10 PM ET
- Stadium: Kauffman Stadium
- TV Channel: NBC Sports Networks
- Live Stream: fuboTV (Watch for free)
Gannett may earn revenue from Tipico for audience referrals to betting services. Tipico has no influence over nor are any such revenues in any way dependent on or linked to the newsrooms or news coverage. See Tipico.com for Terms and Conditions. 21+ only. Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS-OFF (IA).