On Tuesday, the Colorado Rockies (17-18) are hosting the San Francisco Giants (21-14), at 8:40 PM ET, in the second game of a three-game series.
The Rockies (+140 underdog Moneyline odds to win) hit the field versus the Giants (-163). The Giants will give the ball to Alex Cobb (2-1) versus the Rockies and Chad Kuhl (3-1).
The Giants took down the Rockies 7-6 Yesterday, with John Brebbia getting the win (1.0 IP, 0 R, 1 H, 3 K) and Curt Casali leading the way offensively (going 3-for-4 with two home runs and four RBI). Daniel Bard (1.0 IP, 1 R, 1 H, 3 K) took the loss for the Rockies.
Before the Giants vs. Rockies Matchup, here is everything you need to get ready for Tuesday’s baseball action.
San Francisco Giants vs. Colorado Rockies Odds and Betting Lines
Major League Baseball odds courtesy of Tipico Sportsbook. Odds updated Tuesday at 2:06 AM ET. For a full list of sports betting odds, access USA TODAY Sports Betting Scores Odds Hub.
- Favorite: Giants (-163, but $ 163 to win $ 100)
- Underdog: Rockies (+140, but $ 100 to win $ 140)
- Over / under: 11.5
Deposit $ 10, GET $ 200 INSTANTLY: Get action on this game! Place your legal sports bets in CO and NJ at Tipico Sportsbook. Exclusive USA TODAY Network offer: Deposit $ 10, get $ 200 in betting credit instantly. 21+, terms and conditions apply. But now!
Giants Stats and Trends
Giants Betting Records
- The Giants have entered the game as favorites 28 times this season and won 19, or 67.9% of those games.
- San Francisco has entered 10 games this season favored by -163 or more and is 7-3 in those contests.
- The bookmakers’ Moneyline implies a 62% chance of a Victory for the Giants.
- San Francisco and its opponents have gone over the total this season in 19 of their 36 opportunities.
- In 35 games with a spread this season, the Giants are 17-18-0 ATS.
Alex Cobb (Giants Probable Starter)
- The Giants’ Cobb (2-1) will make his sixth start of the season.
- The right-hander’s last start was on Wednesday, when he tossed 5 1/3 innings while giving up one earned run on three hits in a Matchup with the Colorado Rockies.
- The 34-year-old has an ERA of 3.98 and 12.4 strikeouts per nine innings, with a batting average against .247 in five games this season.
- None of Cobb’s five starts this season have met the criteria for a quality start.
- Cobb will look to finish five or more innings for the third start in a row.
- The Rockies are batting .262 this season, first in MLB. They have a team slugging percentage of .410 (fifth in the league) with 34 home runs.
- The Rockies have gone 3-for-18 with an RBI in one game against the right-hander this season.
Giants Batting Stats
- The Giants rank seventh in Major League Baseball with 39 home runs.
- Hitters for the Giants combine for a team rank of 12th of the majors with a .388 team slugging percentage.
- San Francisco’s .245 batting average is among the best in baseball, ranking seventh in MLB.
- The Giants have scored 176 runs this season, which ranks third in MLB.
- San Francisco has an OBP of .328 this season, which ranks second in MLB.
- The Giants rank 10th in MLB in strikeouts per game with an average of 8.1 whiffs per contest.
Rockies Stats and Trends
Rockies Betting Records
- The Rockies have come away with nine wins in the 22 contests they have been listed as the underdogs in this season.
- Colorado has a mark of 2-8 in contests where sportsbooks favor them by +140 or Worse on the Moneyline.
- The Moneyline set for this Matchup implies the Rockies have a 41.7% chance of walking away with the win.
- Colorado’s games have gone over the total in 20 of their 35 opportunities.
- The Rockies have an against the spread mark of 16-19-0 in 35 games with a line this season.
Chad Kuhl (Rockies Probable Starter)
- Kuhl gets the start for the Rockies, his seventh of the season. He is 3-1 with a 2.88 ERA and 30 strikeouts over 34 1/3 innings pitched.
- The righty’s most recent time out came on Wednesday against the San Francisco Giants, when they went 4 2/3 innings, surrendering five earned runs while giving up seven hits.
- In six games this season, the 29-year-old has amassed an ERA of 2.88, with 7.9 strikeouts per nine innings. Opponents are hitting .189 against him.
- Kuhl is trying to collect his fifth quality start of the season in this matchup.
- Kuhl enters this game with four outings of five or more innings pitched this season.
- He will face a Giants Squad that is batting .245 as a unit (seventh in the MLB). They are also slugging a collective .388 (12th in the league) with 39 total home runs (seventh in MLB action).
- Kuhl has pitched 4 2/3 innings, giving up five earned runs on seven hits while striking out eight against the Giants this season.
Rockies Batting Stats
- The Rockies rank 13th in MLB action with 34 total home runs.
- So far this season, the Rockies rank fifth in the league, slugging .410.
- Colorado leads the league with a .262 batting average.
- The Rockies score the seventh-most runs in baseball (166 total, 4.7 per game).
- Colorado is second in baseball with a .328 on-base percentage.
- The Rockies Strike out 7.9 times per game to rank ninth in the league.
Place your legal, online sports bets in CO and NJ at Tipico Sportsbook now.
Giants vs. Rockies: Live Streaming Info & Game Time
- Game Day: Tuesday, May 17, 2022
- Game Time: 8:40 PM ET
- Stadium: Coors field
- TV Channel: ATT Sportsnet Rocky Mountain
- Live Stream: fuboTV (Watch for free)
Gannett may earn revenue from Tipico for audience referrals to betting services. Tipico has no influence over nor are any such revenues in any way dependent on or linked to the newsrooms or news coverage. See Tipico.com for Terms and Conditions. 21+ only. Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS-OFF (IA).