At Globe Life Field on Sunday, the Atlanta Braves (10-12) take on the Texas Rangers (7-14), with the first pitch at 2:35 PM ET.
The Rangers (-112 on the Moneyline) and the Braves (-108) will meet in a projected tight matchup. Taylor Hearn (0-2) is the starter in ths one for the Texas Rangers. The Atlanta Braves have yet to tab a starting pitcher for this game.
Yesterday, the Rangers picked up a 3-1 win over the Braves, with Dane Dunning (7.2 IP, 1 R, 3 H, 7 K) registering the win for the Rangers. Corey Seager finished 1-for-4 with a home run and an RBI to lead the offense. Bryce Elder (4.1 IP, 3 R, 4 H, 1 K) was handed the loss for the Braves.
Ahead of watching this Rangers vs. Braves Matchup, here is what you need to know about Sunday’s action on the diamond.
Texas Rangers vs. Atlanta Braves Odds and Betting Lines
Major League Baseball odds courtesy of Tipico Sportsbook. Odds updated Sunday at 5:05 AM ET. For a full list of sports betting odds, access USA TODAY Sports Betting Scores Odds Hub.
- Favorite: Rangers (-112, but $ 112 to win $ 100)
- Underdog: Braves (-108, but $ 108 to win $ 100)
- Over / under: 9
Deposit $ 10, GET $ 200 INSTANTLY: Get action on this game! Place your legal sports bets in CO and NJ at Tipico Sportsbook. Exclusive USA TODAY Network offer: Deposit $ 10, get $ 200 in betting credit instantly. 21+, terms and conditions apply. But now!
Rangers Stats and Trends
Rangers Betting Records
- This season, the Rangers have won one out of four games in which they’ve been favored.
- Texas is 1-3 this season when Entering a game favored by -112 or more on the Moneyline.
- Sportsbooks have implied with the Moneyline set for this Matchup that the Rangers have a 52.8% chance to win.
- Texas and its opponents have hit the over in nine of their 21 games with a total this season.
- The Rangers are 10-11-0 ATS in their 21 games with a spread this season.
Taylor Hearn (Rangers Probable Starter)
- The Rangers will hand the ball to Hearn (0-2) for his fifth start of the season.
- The 27-year-old has pitched in four games this season with a 7.47 ERA, 10.3 strikeouts per nine innings and a batting average against of .338.
- The Braves are batting .229 this season, 17th in MLB. They have a team slugging percentage of .409 (fifth in the league) with 28 home runs.
Rangers Batting Stats
- The Rangers rank 16th in Major League Baseball with 19 home runs.
- Hitters for the Rangers combine for a team rank of 22nd of the majors with a .337 team slugging percentage.
- Texas’ .219 batting average Ranks 23rd in the league this season.
- The Rangers have scored the 12th-most runs in the league this season with 89 (4.2 per game).
- Texas has the 24th-ranked on-base percentage in MLB this season (.286).
- The Rangers are one of the most disciplined teams at the plate this season, ranking fourth with an average of 7.5 strikeouts per game.
Braves Stats and Trends
Braves Betting Records
- The Braves have been victorious in three of the seven contests they have been chosen as underdogs in this season.
- This year, Atlanta has won three of six games when listed as at least -108 or Worse on the Moneyline.
- The Moneyline set for this Matchup implies the Braves have a 51.9% chance of coming away with a Victory in the contest.
- Atlanta and its opponents have gone over the total this season in 10 of their 22 opportunities.
- The Braves have an against the spread mark of 9-13-0 in 22 games with a line this season.
Braves Batting Stats
- The Braves are second in baseball with 28 total home runs.
- This season, the Braves ’.409 slugging percentage is fifth-best in baseball.
- Atlanta has the 17th-ranked batting average in the majors (.229).
- The Braves score the 16th-most runs in baseball (86 total, 3.9 per game).
- Atlanta Ranks 17th in baseball with a .303 on-base percentage.
- Braves hitters Strike out 9.0 times per game, the 28th-most in baseball.
Place your legal, online sports bets in CO and NJ at Tipico Sportsbook now.
Gannett may earn revenue from Tipico for audience referrals to betting services. Tipico has no influence over nor are any such revenues in any way dependent on or linked to the newsrooms or news coverage. See Tipico.com for Terms and Conditions. 21+ only. Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS-OFF (IA).