The Oakland Athletics (10-11) will host the Cleveland Guardians (9-12) in the final game of a three-game series, Sunday at 4:07 PM ET.
The Guardians are favored (-123 Moneyline odds to win) when they take on the Athletics (+103). The Matchup on the mound for this contest is set with the Cleveland Guardians looking to Triston McKenzie (0-2), and James Kaprielian answering the bell for the Oakland Athletics.
These Clubs meet again following the Guardians’ 3-1 Victory over the Athletics Yesterday. Nick Sandlin (1 IP, 0 R, 0 H, 0 K) earned the win for the Guardians. Richie Palacios went 1-for-1 with a double and two RBI to lead the team on offense. Dany Jimenez (1 IP, 0 R, 2 H, 0 K) was credited with the loss on the mound for the Athletics.
To prepare for the Guardians vs. Athletics Matchup, here is everything you need to get ready for Sunday’s baseball action.
Cleveland Guardians vs. Oakland Athletics Odds and Betting Lines
Major League Baseball odds courtesy of Tipico Sportsbook. Odds updated Saturday at 11:05 PM ET. For a full list of sports betting odds, access USA TODAY Sports Betting Scores Odds Hub.
- Favorite: Guardians (-123, but $ 123 to win $ 100)
- Underdog: Athletics (+103, but $ 100 to win $ 103)
- Over / under: 7.5
Deposit $ 10, GET $ 200 INSTANTLY: Get action on this game! Place your legal sports bets in CO and NJ at Tipico Sportsbook. Exclusive USA TODAY Network offer: Deposit $ 10, get $ 200 in betting credit instantly. 21+, terms and conditions apply. But now!
Guardians Stats and Trends
Guardians Betting Records
- This season, the Guardians have won five out of the seven games in which they’ve been favored.
- Cleveland has entered four games this season favored by -123 or more and is 3-1 in those contests.
- The bookmakers’ Moneyline implies a 55.2% chance of a Victory for the Guardians.
- Cleveland and its opponents have gone over the total this season in 11 of their 22 opportunities.
- The Guardians are 10-12-0 against the spread in their 22 chances this season.
Triston McKenzie (Guardians Probable Starter)
- The Guardians’ McKenzie (0-2) will make his fourth start of the season.
- The right-hander’s last start was on Wednesday, when he tossed 5 2/3 innings while giving up four earned runs on seven hits in a matchup with the Los Angeles Angels.
- The 24-year-old has an ERA of 3.71, a 2,833 strikeout-to-walk ratio and a WHIP of 1,118 in four games this season.
- The Athletics are batting .212 this season, 26th in MLB. They have a team slugging percentage of .346 (20th in the league) with 18 home runs.
Guardians Batting Stats
- The Guardians rank 12th in Major League Baseball with 20 home runs.
- Hitters for the Guardians rank fourth in the majors with a combined .410 team slugging percentage.
- Cleveland’s .251 batting average is among the best in baseball, ranking fourth in MLB.
- The Guardians have scored the seventh-most runs in the league this season with 94.
- Cleveland has an OBP of .312 this season, which ranks 13th in MLB.
- The Guardians rank 12th in MLB in strikeouts per game with an average of 8.4 whiffs per contest.
Athletics Stats and Trends
Athletics Betting Records
- The Athletics have been victorious in seven, or 46.7%, of the 15 contests they have been chosen as underdogs in this season.
- Oakland has a mark of 6-8 in contests where sportsbooks favor them by +103 or Worse on the Moneyline.
- The Moneyline set for this Matchup implies the Athletics have a 49.3% chance of coming away with a Victory in the contest.
- Oakland and their opponents have gone over in nine of their 21 games with a total set by sportsbooks this season.
- The Athletics are 11-10-0 against the spread in their 21 games that had a posted line this season.
James Kaprielian (Athletics Probable Starter)
- Kaprielian will take the mound to start for the Athletics, his first of the season.
- It’s the first appearance this season for the 28-year-old righty, and his first outing in more than a year.
- The Guardians have totaled 94 runs this season (seventh in MLB) and are batting .251 collectively with 20 home runs (12th in the league).
Athletics Batting Stats
- The Athletics average 0.9 home runs per game to rank 19th in baseball with 18 total home runs.
- So far this season, the Athletics rank 20th in baseball, slugging.346.
- Oakland’s .212 batting average ranks 26th in MLB.
- The Athletics score the 19th-most runs in baseball (81 total, 3.9 per game).
- Oakland Ranks 27th in the league with an on-base percentage of .277.
- The Athletics Strike out 9.4 times per game, the third-worst mark in baseball.
Place your legal, online sports bets in CO and NJ at Tipico Sportsbook now.
Guardians vs. Athletics: Live Streaming Info & Game Time
- Game Day: Sunday, May 1, 2022
- Game Time: 4:07 PM ET
- Stadium: Oakland Coliseum
- TV Channel: NBC Sports Networks
- Live Stream: fuboTV (Watch for free)
Gannett may earn revenue from Tipico for audience referrals to betting services. Tipico has no influence over nor are any such revenues in any way dependent on or linked to the newsrooms or news coverage. See Tipico.com for Terms and Conditions. 21+ only. Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS-OFF (IA).