The Boston Red Sox (9-12) will visit the Baltimore Orioles (6-13), Saturday at 7:05 PM ET, with the Orioles on a three-game losing skid.
The Red Sox are favored away from home (-178) versus the Orioles (+157). The scheduled starters are Nathan Eovaldi (1-0) for the Boston Red Sox, and Spenser Watkins for the Baltimore Orioles.
Tanner Houck (3.0 IP, 0 R, 2 H, 4 K) was credited with the win in the Red Sox’s 3-1 Victory over the Orioles Yesterday. Christian Arroyo led the way offensively, going 1-for-3 with a home run and two RBIs. Kyle Bradish (6.0 IP, 2 R, 5 H, 2 K) took the loss for the Orioles.
Prepare for the Red Sox vs. Orioles with everything you need to know before Saturday’s baseball action.
Boston Red Sox vs. Baltimore Orioles Odds and Betting Lines
Major League Baseball odds courtesy of Tipico Sportsbook. Odds updated Saturday at 5:06 AM ET. For a full list of sports betting odds, access USA TODAY Sports Betting Scores Odds Hub.
- Favorite: Red Sox (-178, but $ 178 to win $ 100)
- Underdog: Orioles (+157, but $ 100 to win $ 157)
- Over / under: 8.5
Deposit $ 10, GET $ 200 INSTANTLY: Get action on this game! Place your legal sports bets in CO and NJ at Tipico Sportsbook. Exclusive USA TODAY Network offer: Deposit $ 10, get $ 200 in betting credit instantly. 21+, terms and conditions apply. But now!
Red Sox Stats and Trends
Red Sox Betting Records
- This season, the Red Sox have won six out of the nine games in which they’ve been favored.
- Boston has not entered a game this season with Shorter Moneyline odds than -178.
- Sportsbooks have implied with the Moneyline set for this Matchup that the Red Sox have a 64% chance to win.
- So far this season, Boston and its opponents have hit the over in five of their 21 games with a total.
- The Red Sox have an ATS record of 13-8-0 in 21 games with a spread this season.
Nathan Eovaldi (Red Sox Probable Starter)
- The Red Sox’s Eovaldi (1-0) will make his fifth start of the season.
- The right-hander’s last appearance was on Monday, when they threw seven innings against the Toronto Blue Jays, giving up two earned runs while allowing five hits.
- The 32-year-old has pitched in four games this season with an ERA of 3.32, an 8 strikeout-to-walk ratio and a WHIP of 1,108.
- The Orioles rank 30th in MLB with 52 runs scored this season. They have a .215 batting average for this campaign with eight home runs (29th in the league).
- Among the qualified pitchers in the majors this year, the 32-year-old ranks 40th in ERA (3.32), 32nd in WHIP (1.108), and 10th in K / 9 (10.0).
Red Sox Batting Stats
- The Red Sox rank 24th in Major League Baseball with 12 home runs.
- The offense for the Red Sox has a slugging percentage of .342 this season, 22nd in MLB.
- Boston’s .226 batting average ranks 20th in the league this season.
- The Red Sox ranked 22nd in the league with 75 total runs scored this season.
- Boston has an OBP of just .273 this season, which ranks 29th in MLB.
- The Red Sox rank 14th with an average of 8.0 strikeouts per game.
Orioles Stats and Trends
Orioles Betting Records
- The Orioles have won in six, or 31.6%, of the 19 contests they have been named as odds-on underdogs in this year.
- Baltimore has a mark of 3-7 in contests where oddsmakers favor them by +157 or Worse on the Moneyline.
- Oddsmakers have implied with the Moneyline set for this Matchup that the Orioles have a 38.9% chance of pulling out a win.
- Baltimore and their opponents have hit the over in four of their 19 games with a total set by oddsmakers this season.
- The Orioles have posted a record of 10-9-0 against the spread this season.
Spenser Watkins (Orioles Probable Starter)
- The Orioles are sending Watkins (0-0) out to make his fourth start of the season. He is 0-0 with a 2.77 ERA and five strikeouts through 13 innings pitched.
- The right-hander’s last appearance came on Sunday against the Los Angeles Angels, when he threw five innings, surrendering two earned runs while giving up three hits.
- In three games this season, the 29-year-old has an ERA of 2.77, with 3.5 strikeouts per nine innings. Opponents are hitting .184 against him.
- Watkins will look to pitch five or more innings for his third straight appearance. He’s averaging 4.1 innings per outing.
- He will face the Red Sox team that is batting .226 as a unit (20th in the MLB). They are also slugging a collective .342 (22nd in the league) with 12 total home runs (24th in MLB play).
Orioles Batting Stats
- The Orioles have hit the second-fewest home runs in MLB action this season (eight).
- So far this season, the Orioles ’.307 slugging percentage is the lowest average in baseball.
- Baltimore’s .215 batting average Ranks 24th in MLB.
- The offense for the Orioles is No. 30 in baseball scoring 2.7 runs per game (52 total runs).
- Baltimore ranks 19th in baseball with a .303 on-base percentage.
- Orioles batters Strike out 10.1 times per game, the most in baseball.
Place your legal, online sports bets in CO and NJ at Tipico Sportsbook now.
Gannett may earn revenue from Tipico for audience referrals to betting services. Tipico has no influence over nor are any such revenues in any way dependent on or linked to the newsrooms or news coverage. See Tipico.com for Terms and Conditions. 21+ only. Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS-OFF (IA).