The next Battlefield 2042 update will be an extensive one, with over 400 bug fixes, Improvements, and quality-of-life changes. According to EA community manager Kevin Johnson, update 4.0 will go live next week and complete patch notes will be available in due course. In the meantime, they offered an overview of what’s coming.
Battlefield 2042 update 4.0 overview
Update 4.0 will feature Improvements for Rao, Paik, and Sundance. In terms of gameplay, Vehicular Warfare will be rebalanced and attachments will be overhauled. Here’s a rundown of what to expect as explained by Johnson:
- Rao and Paik have their traits updated. Sundance has also received some fixes to their Grenade Belt, allowing for better Anti-Armor Grenade target acquisition within their immediate vicinity rather than things football fields away.
- Ribbons have been tweaked in order to allow easier unlocking across fashion such as Rush. XP for Support Actions and Teamplay within the game have also been balanced to ensure teamwork remains king.
- Vehicular Warfare balancing alongside targeted tweaks to the likes of the Bolte, to ensure that Infantry / Vehicle counter play still has some bite. Bug fixes towards the ADS bug when exiting a vehicle and Reviving near obstacles are also in this update.
- Attachments shall also receive an overhaul in update 4.0, with a focus on ensuring they feel unique and have an impact on your loadout choice and gunplay.
Update 4.0 for #Battlefield 2042 is set to go live next week, with the Patch Notes going live at the start of that week too.
There are over 400+ Individual Fixes, Bugs, and QoL Improvements to go through next week.
Here are some key bits until the Patch Notes go live. pic.twitter.com/vh1VZV5Y76
– Kevin Johnson (@ T0TALfps) April 13, 2022
In other news, it looks like Ubisoft’s Massive’s Star Wars project will be cross-gen, and The Last of Us HBO actor Pedro Pascal has shared his thought on the game.